Opportunities are listed as soon as they become available. Please check back periodically for the latest information. HSHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Providers - Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, & Physician Assistants
Hot Springs Health Program always encourages Providers to submit their Resume’s (CV’s) for possible job opening opportunities. Please email your resume to email@example.com or Fax to 828-649-3786 or by mail to PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753. HSHP is EOE About Hot Springs Health Program Madison County, North Carolina The Hot Springs Health Program is a uniquely successful program established about 40 years ago to provide medical services to a rural area of NC. Our four facilities are located across Madison County about 20 miles north of Asheville, NC. The area offers not only spectacular scenery including views of the highest peak east of the Mississippi, but also provides a variety of recreational and cultural activities. Trout fishing, big river rafting, snow skiing, and hiking are perfect for individuals who appreciate the great outdoors. The Appalachian Trail traverses the entire county including the trek through downtown Hot Springs. We offer a sense of community with values reminiscent of eras of the past. Outstanding music venues attract people from all over the world; especially significant are the old time balladeers as well as award winning bluegrass musicians….and often these music “jams” are free! If opportunities for higher education are among your interests, Mars Hill University is located in Mars Hill, one of the three primary towns in the county. Additionally, AB Tech has a satellite campus in Marshall which is the county seat. And the University of North Carolina at Asheville is a short commute from most areas of the county. While we live in a beautiful and somewhat pastoral area, larger towns including Asheville as well as Johnson City, Tennessee are readily accessible on I-26, a major interstate highway passing through our county. The Hot Springs Health Program is the 4th largest employer in the county with 135 staff members including 12 physicians, 3 physician assistants, 4 nurse practitioners, a nursing staff of 35, 3 Pharm D’s, 1 pharmacist, and 12 pharmacy technicians with the balance of the staff providing support services to the medical staff. The program is a multi specialty with primary and outpatient care provided. In addition to the medical program, home health care and hospice services are offered to the community. A significant building program has occurred in the last 10 years with major new facilities in Marshall and Mars Hill. Outstanding community support adds to the success of the program. One group of citizens residing in the Wolf Laurel has an annual fundraiser for Hospice which enjoys much local support and admiration. The Wolf Laurel community raised over $70,000.00 this year for Hospice through its golf tournament, dinners, silent auctions, bake and garden sales, and other community activities.
Medical Assistant Position for Primary Care Offices
- Must display a courtesy and respectful attitude
- Demonstrate proficiency in taking vital signs
- Monitor check in and work patients up in a timely manner
- Demonstrates proficiency in administering injections (adult and peds.)
- Accurately collects and processes lab specimens
- Ability to perform task involving physical activity which may include lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
Medical Assisting experience strongly preferred. Please send your resume to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753 or Fax – 649-3786, E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org, apply online via the process at the top of this page, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Drive, Marshall.
Front Desk Receptionist
The Front Desk Receptionist is the main link between the public and the medical center. The Front Desk Receptionist establishes a smooth working relationship between all support staff and providers and provides patients with friendly, efficient care.
Job requirements include, but not limited to:
- Interact with patients and coordinate activities to provide a timely, professional experience for patients from appointment scheduling to checkout.
- Schedule appointments.
- Check patients in and obtain and update personal and insurance information.
- Facilitate patient flow.
- Remain aware of waiting room patients.
- Keep patients aware of reasons of excessive waiting.
- Check patients out, obtaining appropriate payment.
- Collect patient copays and payments on patient balance.
- Position requires a positive attitude.
Please send your resume to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753 or Fax – 649-3786, E-mail –email@example.com, apply online via the process at the top of this page, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Dr, Marshall.
HSHP is EOE.
Pharmacy Technician (CPhT preferred)
Full-time: 40+ hours
The Hot Springs Health Program, Inc. has served the community for over 45 years, as a non-profit organization. The Hot Springs Health Program provides medical care for the community and surrounding area with four locations throughout Madison County, NC: Mars Hill, Marshall, Laurel, and Hot Spring communities. Each of the four medical centers has its own operating pharmacy. For people in Madison County and surrounding areas, medicine with the personal touch is close at hand through the Hot Springs Health Program. To meet the needs of all of our patients, our Mars Hill and Mashburn (Marshall) Medical Centers are open for extended hours, and the Mars Hill Center is open seven days a week.
HSHP’s services include:
- Family Medicine
- Out-Patient Physical Therapy
- Pharmacies at all 4 Medical Centers
- Home Health & Hospice Services
- Mental Health Service
Our main Mars Hill and Mashburn (Marshall) Medical Centers are located 25 min from Asheville, NC.
Hot Springs Health Program offers excellent benefits, that include, paid-time-off, reduced pricing for in-house doctor visits for employees, employer contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan, health, dental, disability, and life insurance for all full-time employees.
We have an immediate opening for a Pharmacy Technician. The ideal candidate is required to have a minimum of one year experience as a Pharmacy Technician with exceptional people and communication skills. The Pharmacy Technician position may require some travel between medical centers, as needed.
The Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) is preferred, but not required; however, 1 year of experience as a pharmacy technician is a requirement.
Pharmacies are located inside physicians’ offices at Mars Hill, Marshall, Hot Springs, & Laurel Medical Centers. Some overtime and some weekend work availability are required.
The job requires the following responsibilities:
- Accurately fills and refills prescriptions per physician orders.
- Balances daily pharmacy transactions.
- Make pharmacy calls and fax outside pharmacies.
- Responsible for maintaining pharmaceutical inventory
- must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Communicate with patients by telephone as needed.
- Assist with prior authorizations.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Valid driver’s license.
High School Diploma or GED.
Certified Pharmacy Technician strongly preferred.
Please send your completed application and/or resume to
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org,
Mail – Hot Springs Health Program,
Attn. Human Resources Director,
PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753 or
Fax – 649-3786,
In person – Hot Springs Health Program/Mashburn Medical Center, 590 Medical Park Dr, Marshall, NC.
The Hot Springs Health Program, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Director of Hospice Operations
We are looking for a Director of Hospice Operations to lead our Hospice team in growth, efficiency, accountability, as well as excellent patient care. The Director of Operations would be responsible for developing a plan for growth and sustainability, leading and educating the members of the Hospice team, and promoting Hospice services in the community. The Director of Operations would initiate and promote adherence to the updated CMS CoPs, QAPI development and implementation, and participate in bi-weekly Hospice IDT meetings. As part of the Director of Operations role, the nurse would also perform patient visits as needed to provide care and support to terminally ill patients. We are seeking a registered nurse or Masters level social worker who sees the value of Hospice care in alleviating pain and suffering. A compassionate nature and excellent interpersonal and leadership skills will make you a good candidate for this position. A Hospice Certification is a plus! Requirements:
- RN with NC license or MSW
- Formal nurse or social work training; hospice certification is a plus
- Currently CPR certified
- Proven experience as Hospice nurse or social worker
- Leadership/managerial experience
- Home Health experience preferred
- Knowledge of nursing care processes and medication guidelines/side-effects
- Committed to safety precautions and high ethical standards
- Sound judgment and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a compassionate nature
Director of Hospice Operations Responsibilities Include:
- Oversight of Hospice nurse scheduling
- Aware of current Hospice regulatory guidelines and CoPs
- Participate in Hospice QAPI meetings
- Ensure Hospice staff is abiding by regulatory guidelines
- Collaborate with physicians and other professionals to plan care
- Work with caregivers to plan and execute excellent patient care as needed
- Participate in bi-weekly Hospice IDT meetings
- Alleviate sudden symptoms of the disease’s end phase
- Perform Hospice visits as necessary
- Assist patients and their families with paperwork as needed
- Maintain accurate records
- Participates in On-Call rotations.
- Attend Hospice Quality workshops and In-services
- Complete others duties as assigned
Reports to Director of Home Health and Hospice Please send your completed application and resume to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753, Fax – 649-3786, E-mail – email@example.com, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Drive, Marshall, NC.
Home Health Physical Therapist, PRN
The essential job duties include:
- Help to restore physical function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent permanent disability. Assists in restoring, maintaining, and promoting overall fitness and health.
- Examines patients’ medical histories. Tests and measures patients’ strength, range of motion, balance and coordination, posture, muscle performance, respiration, and motor function.
- Determines patients’ ability to be independent and reintegrate into the workplace or community after injury or illness.
- Develops plans describing a treatment strategy, its purposes, and its anticipated outcome. Plan often includes exercise regimens at home to increase flexibility, strength, or endurance. May use electrical stimulation, hot packs, cold compresses, and ultrasound to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
Registered Nurse for Hospice PRN
Candidate must be highly motivated & have excellent people skills. The responsibilities of the Hospice Registered Nurse position provide skilled nursing care to hospice patients from the direction of Clinical Supervisor or Director. This position is PRN. Skills: Accurate documentation for patient charting and visit encounters. Effective written and verbal communication with patients, patients’ family, coworkers, leadership, and other medical professionals. Time management skills are a necessity for success as a Hospice Registered Nurse. Education and Experience: Education: Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing, must have a current RN license to practice nursing in NC, active patient contact or successful completion of nursing refresher course in the past three years. Experience: Must have at least one year experience as an RN in a hospital or public health setting. Other Requirements: Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation with proof of auto liability insurance, and the physical ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. HSHP is Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send your completed application and resume to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753, Fax – 649-3786, E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Drive, Marshall, NC.
PRN – Certified Nursing Assistant – CNA Home Health & Hospice
Job Details: The home health aide provides personal care and related serviced in the home that reflect the home health and hospice agency philosophy and standards of home care, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist. The home health aide provides personal care and related services in the home or other appropriate dwelling, to home health and hospice patients as designated in their plan of care. The Essential Job Duties:
- Provide patient comfort and hygiene.
- Ensure quality and safe delivery of home care services.
- Perform technical skills and procedures as ordered by physicians and supervised by an RN.
- Communicate with co-workers, patients, family, and other ancillary departments.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance.
Education- High school graduate or GED, CNA certification and current listing with NC Nurse Aide Registry. Experience- Experience in home care or related health care field preferred. Please send your resume to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753 or Fax – 649-3786, E-mail –email@example.com, apply online via the process at the top of this page, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Dr, Marshall, NC 28753. HSHP is EOE.
Hospice Volunteers Needed
Hospice of Madison is searching for community members who would like to volunteer and visit with hospice patients and their families. Volunteers duties include:
- Providing relief for caregivers
- Transporting patients to the doctor
- Running errands
- Be a companion to the patient and family
No clinical background or experience necessary – you only need a giving and caring heart. Volunteers can give as little or as much time as they wish. Training is provided for visiting volunteers. For more information, contact Ronnie Fox with Hospice of Madison – (828) 649-2705.