Opportunities are listed as soon as they become available. Please check back periodically for the latest information. HSHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Providers - Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, & Physician Assistants
Hot Springs Health Program always encourages Providers to submit their Resume’s (CV’s) for possible job opening opportunities.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 828-649-3786 or by mail to PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753.
HSHP is EOE
About Hot Springs Health Program
Madison County, North Carolina
The Hot Springs Health Program is a uniquely successful program established about 40 years ago to provide medical services to a rural area of NC. Our four facilities are located across Madison County about 20 miles north of Asheville, NC. The area offers not only spectacular scenery including views of the highest peak east of the Mississippi, but also provides a variety of recreational and cultural activities. Trout fishing, big river rafting, snow skiing, and hiking are perfect for individuals who appreciate the great outdoors. The Appalachian Trail traverses the entire county including the trek through downtown Hot Springs. We offer a sense of community with values reminiscent of eras of the past. Outstanding music venues attract people from all over the world; especially significant are the old time balladeers as well as award winning bluegrass musicians….and often these music “jams” are free!
If opportunities for higher education are among your interests, Mars Hill University is located in Mars Hill, one of the three primary towns in the county. Additionally, AB Tech has a satellite campus in Marshall which is the county seat. And the University of North Carolina at Asheville is a short commute from most areas of the county.
While we live in a beautiful and somewhat pastoral area, larger towns including Asheville as well as Johnson City, Tennessee are readily accessible on I-26, a major interstate highway passing through our county.
The Hot Springs Health Program is the 4th largest employer in the county with 135 staff members including 12 physicians, 3 physician assistants, 4 nurse practitioners, a nursing staff of 35, 3 Pharm D’s, 1 pharmacist, and 12 pharmacy technicians with the balance of the staff providing support services to the medical staff. The program is a multi specialty with primary and outpatient care provided. In addition to the medical program, home health care and hospice services are offered to the community. A significant building program has occurred in the last 10 years with major new facilities in Marshall and Mars Hill.
Outstanding community support adds to the success of the program. One group of citizens residing in the Wolf Laurel has an annual fundraiser for Hospice which enjoys much local support and admiration. The Wolf Laurel community raised over $70,000.00 this year for Hospice through its golf tournament, dinners, silent auctions, bake and garden sales, and other community activities.
Candidate must be highly motivated & have excellent people skills. Great work environment and excellent benefits.
Prior medical experience preferred.
Job Responsibilities must include, but not limited to:
- Accurately obtain and record vital signs
- Display courteous and respectful attitude
- Follow provider orders
- Proficiency and accuracy in documentation of medications
- Data entry
- Required to assist with moving patients. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Please send your resume to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753 or Fax – 649-3786, E-mail – email@example.com, apply online via the process at the top of this page, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Drive, Marshall.
Hospice Chaplain, PRN
The Hospice Chaplain will provide spiritual and emotional support when needed and when requested to the Hospice patient/family and to members of the Hospice team. The Chaplain will act as a consultant to Hospice team members.
The essential job duties include:
- Provide spiritual and emotional support to patient/ family when requested.
- Provide continuing support as needed to family during bereavement.
- Act as a consultant to other members of the Hospice team as needed.
- Function as a member of the Hospice team including team conferences when possible.
- Attend basic Hospice training programs and receive orientation to Hospice philosophy as needed.
- Assist in volunteer training and continuing education as requested.
- Keep service records as required by Hospice.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Education & Experience:
- Education: Be an ordained minister within his/her respective denomination and/or other specific training in ministry or spiritual care.
- Experience: The following is preferred: two years of experience in ministry. Be personally committed to the Hospice concept. Good oral and communication skills are required.
Please send your resume and completed application to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753, Fax –828- 649-3786, E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Drive, Marshall, NC.
We are looking for a Hospice Nurse Coordinator to lead our Hospice team in growth, efficiency, accountability, as well as excellent patient care. The Coordinator would be responsible for developing a plan for growth and sustainability, leading and educating the members of the Hospice team, and promoting Hospice services in the community. The Hospice Coordinator would initiate and promote adherence to the updated CMS CoPs, QAPI development and implementation, and participate in bi-weekly Hospice IDT meetings.
As part of the Hospice Coordinator role, the nurse would also perform patient visits as needed to provide care and support to terminally ill patients. We are seeking a registered nurse who sees the value of Hospice care in alleviating pain and suffering. A compassionate nature and excellent interpersonal and leadership skills will make you a good candidate for this position. A Hospice Certification is a plus!
- RN with NC license
- Formal nurse training; certification as hospice nurse is a plus
- Currently CPR certified
- Proven experience as Hospice nurse
- Leadership/managerial experience
- Home Health experience preferred
- Knowledge of nursing care processes and medication guidelines/side-effects
- Committed to safety precautions and high ethical standards
- Sound judgment and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a compassionate nature
Hospice Coordinator Responsibilities Include:
- Oversight of Hospice nurse scheduling
- Aware of current Hospice regulatory guidelines and CoPs
- Participate in Hospice QAPI meetings
- Ensure Hospice staff is abiding by regulatory guidelines
- Collaborate with physicians and other professionals to plan care
- Work with caregivers to plan and execute excellent patient care
- Participate in bi-weekly Hospice IDT meetings
- Alleviate sudden symptoms of the disease’s end phase
- Perform Hospice visits as necessary
- Assist patients and their families with paperwork
- Maintain accurate records
- Participates in On-Call rotations.
- Attend Hospice Quality workshops and In-services
- Complete others duties as assigned
Reports to Director of Home Health and Hospice
Please send your completed application and resume to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753, Fax – 649-3786, E-mail – email@example.com, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Drive, Marshall, NC.
Job Summary: Interprets and evaluates appropriateness of physicians’ orders and is responsible for accuracy of final product. Communicates drug information to all customers and provides pharmaceutical care.
Education: Current NC Pharmacists’ license.
Valid driver’s license.
HSHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to
Hot Springs Health Program
Attn. Human Resources Director
PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753 or
Fax – 649-3786
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org,
In person at Hot Springs Health Program, 590 Medical Park Drive, Marshall, NC.
PRN – Certified Nursing Assistant – CNA Home Health & Hospice
Job Details: The home health aide provides personal care and related serviced in the home that reflect the home health and hospice agency philosophy and standards of home care, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist.
The home health aide provides personal care and related services in the home or other appropriate dwelling, to home health and hospice patients as designated in their plan of care.
The Essential Job Duties:
- Provide patient comfort and hygiene.
- Ensure quality and safe delivery of home care services.
- Perform technical skills and procedures as ordered by physicians and supervised by an RN.
- Communicate with co-workers, patients, family, and other ancillary departments.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance.
Education- High school graduate or GED, CNA certification and current listing with NC Nurse Aide Registry.
Experience- Experience in home care or related health care field preferred.
Please send your resume to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753 or Fax – 649-3786, E-mail –email@example.com, apply online via the process at the top of this page, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Dr, Marshall, NC 28753.
HSHP is EOE.
The Hot Springs Health Program is looking for a housekeeper for the Mars Hill Medical Center. The position is part-time.
Prior housekeeping or janitorial experience is preferred.
Please send your completed application or resume to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753 or Fax – 649-3786, E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org, apply online via the process at the top of this page, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Drive, Marshall.
Intake Coordinator / Triage Nurse (LPN)
Madison Homecare and Hospice is seeking an LPN for a position as an Intake Coordinator/Triage Nurse in an office setting. This position will be responsible for providing all telephone and office support required by Homecare and Hospice clinicians. This will include a range of clinical and administrative tasks such as obtaining referrals, entering referrals in computer, triage calls, assisting visiting clinicians with orders, families, and team.
Ideal candidates will have experience identifying and coordinating the needs of chronically ill patients and families as well as supporting clinicians to help them operate as efficiently as possible.
Please send your resume and application to Hot Springs Health Program, Attn. HR Director, PO Box 69, Marshall, NC 28753, Fax – 649-3786, E-mail –email@example.com, apply online via the process at the top of this page, or bring resume in person to 590 Medical Park Drive, Marshall.
HSHP is EOE.
Hospice Volunteers Needed
Hospice of Madison is searching for community members who would like to volunteer and visit with hospice patients and their families.
Volunteers duties include:
- Providing relief for caregivers
- Transporting patients to the doctor
- Running errands
- Be a companion to the patient and family
No clinical background or experience necessary – you only need a giving and caring heart. Volunteers can give as little or as much time as they wish. Training is provided for visiting volunteers.
For more information, contact Ronnie Fox with Hospice of Madison – (828) 649-2705.